Sophie has changed a lot these past few months and is more and more fun to be around. The improvement in her speech is incredible; we mainly owe that to being around the older children at work. She is such a sponge, soaking up everything she can. On top of all that, she' s grown 1.5 inches since her birthday on October 28th! She's now 36.5'' according to her last measurement at the Dr's office on Wednesday. I'm glad we didn't buy too many 2T pants! She wore that size for 3 months, now she's into 3T. She weighs 30 1/2 lbs.
Sophie is a great helper around the house. She helps me with laundry, helps me get out of bed by pulling the covers off and holding out her hand to get me up! We love her little phrases such as:
"Stand up Mommy! Time to get up!"
"I take bath in my fishy tub?"
"Oh man!" (learned that from Swiper and Dora)
"Can I have chewies please?"
"Mama, I'm hungry, can I have something to eat?"
"Ohhh, I need to wash my hands!"
and the list goes on...
What makes her even cuter is the way she says things. It sounds like she's singing when she speaks.
Singing is one of Sophie's favorite things to do. She knows the alphabet song, twinkle twinkle little star, Frere Jacques, Baa baa black sheep (for the most part), Rock-a-by baby, she hums her classical music Cd, knows words from Christian songs we listen to on the radio occasionally.
She's our little princess/ballerina performer and she will tell you that! She stands on her stool and sings, dances, tells us stories about Dora! When we get her dressed and do her hair, she says: " I'm beautiful" "Look mama, I'm a princess"
"Watch me mama!"
"Look at me!"
She orders her own food and drink at restaurants. Usually "chocolate milk and macawoni and cheese!" :) so cute!!!
She likes to introduce herself to new people by tapping her chest and saying: "Hi, I'm Sophie" and she'll sometimes introduce Greg and I as "mama and papa."
All in all we are having a blast with our little princess and looking forward to the joys our next baby will bring. We are finding out the sex of this baby, but most of our family doesn't want to know, so it will not be posted on our blog!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay...but you have to tell me when you find out! I'll keep it to myself. I can't wait. Maybe I'll get to meet both Sophie & the new baby at the same time! Luke will be excited too!
-Kelly
Post a Comment