Sunday, April 15, 2007

Loveable Sophie


"Dad, I am sooooo hungry!!! Is my mouth open big enough?"
"Hurry, I'm hungry!"

4/25 Sophie has been sitting up unassisted for the past few days. Every now and then she falls backwards, so I put the boppy pillow behind her to ease her fall.
4/24 At 4:15am, Sophie woke us up screaming! I turned on the video monitor only to find out that she had rolled over from her back to her tummy!!!
4/23 "Mom made some new foods this morning. I didn't like the parsnips plain, but they were delicious with carrots and broccoli. I liked the zucchini plain and mixed with carrots as well. Tomorrow, I will be trying corn. Every day is a new adventure for my tastebuds, what fun!"

What's this? Yummy strawberry! First time trying one today in my nifty food net.
Looking at my daddy with loving eyes. Thanks for helping me eat...
4/21/07 At work having fun after a long afternoon at the soccer fields.

In order to take these pictures, Lily had to talk to Sophie. She loves the camera so much, that when it's on, that's all she looks at.
Cute cheeks!

Smiling at Lily.

I turn on the camera and Sophie starts smiling.
Wink at Mamie! Je t'aime!
Drool bug!
Yummy Mr. Crabs.

Sophie rolled over from her belly to her back today for the first time. Yay!! Tummy time laughing at mom's funny faces. This is Sophie's second time with a sippy cup. Aunt Marla and cousin Vicky gave Sophie this one because it was Vicky's favorite kind. The straw is very soft and thick, easy for Sophie to suck on. It's sounds like she's sucking on her fingers.

Nana and I are having a great time together! Yum! Mamie's mashed potatoes taste great!
Story time with dad.

Daddy and the teether are soothing my gums.
Easter family photo.
Sophie is eating all sorts of food and loving everything! So far, here has been her menu:
  • bananas
  • sweet potatoes
  • mom's sweet potatoes (4/17)
  • pears
  • mom's homemade apple puree (4/15)
  • mom's carrot puree
  • mom's broccoli puree
  • grean beans
  • peas
  • squash
  • mom's avocado puree (4/15)
  • mom's rutabaga and carrot puree (4/15)
  • mom's pear and rice cereal puree (4/17)
  • fresh strawberry (4/21)

"Looks like mom's is the place to go", says Greg!

I've been having a great time making her food and some of it is great for freezing. I bought some jarred food to make sure she liked it (beans and peas...) before I make a batch to freeze. Sounds like the "green" light's on for making anything. Most babies don't like greens, but not our sweet little Sophie!

4/17--Sophie just finished her biggest meal yet! One bowl of my sweet potatoes and one bowl of pears and rice cereal both served warm, fresh off the stove and blender! Gotta love that! She ate just a little less for Sarah her sitter last night which made her sleep through the night!!! Yay!

No comments: